While american sniper is busy getting headshots across the country, Seattle celebrates the Children’s film Festival, the Beatles, William Burroughs, Rocky Horror, and the Room!
- The Ark Lodge: American Sniper, Paddington Bear, and Selma play through the week.
- Northwest Film Forum: The Seattle Children’s Film Festival continues with a 5pm screening of See the World, Change the World a collection of short films from around the globe.
- The Central Cinema: One of the best worst films ever made Troll 2 along with one of the greatest animated films out of Japan since Akira, Spirited Away play through Wednesday.
- The Grand Illusion: A remastered edition of Howard Brookner’s 1983 documentary about the life of William H. Burroughs titled Burroughs: the Movie which plays through Thursday.
- Sundance Cinemas: American Sniper, The Imitation Game, Mr. Turner, Cake, Mortdecai, Song One, Selma, Birdman, the Wedding Ringer, and
- SiFF Egyptian: The Imitation Game continues its run on the hill.
- SiFF Uptown: Birdman, Selma, It Happened One Night, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, and Godards’ Goodbye to Language in 3D
- Guild 45th: A Most Violent Year and Inherent Vice play through the week.
- Seven Gables: Reese Witherspoon in Wild
- Crest Cinema Center: Penguins of Madagascar, Nightcrawler, Gone Girl, Citizen Four, and Vincent play through the week.
- Tin Theater: Screens Lucy
- Northwest Film Forum: Shana: the Wolf’s Music, the story of a gifted young lady who is a member of the Canadian First Nations tribe who looks to music to deal with the painful situations in her life. Cast and crew will be in attendance at the January 31st screening and will be accompanied by live music by Red Eagle Soaring.
- Northwest Film Forum: The Seattle Children’s Film festival continues with a collection of six short films from China, Czech Republic, Venezuela and more. This presentation begins at 5pm.
- The Central Cinema: Speaking of greatest worst movies ever made, Tommy Wiseau’s The Room screens at 9:30pm so pack up your spoons and load up the Mercedes.
- Northwest Film Forum: The Seattle Children’s film festival continues in full swing through the weekend with a packed program of shorts of every variety from around the world! Plus a screening of Bubble Bubble Meows and the Meteor Stomachache.
- The Central Cinema: Bill Murray Double Feature Weekend showing Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation! Both of these films show through the weekend.
- The Grand Illusion: A selection from both the Toronto and New York film festival is Romania’s When Evening Falls on Bucharest or Metabolism plays through the week along with David Cronenberg’s adaptation of William H. Burrough’s Naked Lunch which will be screening in 35mm through the weekend.
- SiFF Uptown: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah: Deconstructing the Early Beatles. Deconstructing The Beatlesis a live, interactive presentation from composer, producer, and Beatles expert Scott Freiman that mixes rock ‘n’ roll history lesson, music theory, and a treasure trove of rare audio and video. Musicians and non-musicians, Beatles fanatics and casual fans will all enjoy these fascinating and insightful show. Following this 5pm presentation is Tomorrow Never Knows: Deconstructing Revolver at 8:30pm.
- Seven Gables: the Oscar Nominated animated short films collection will screen.
- Tin Theater: Screens Brad Pitt’s Fury
- The Grand Illusion: The Sprocket Society presents the Secret Saturday Matinee at 2pm.
- SiFF Egyptian: The monthly midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show happens at 11:55pm.
- SiFF Uptown: Deconstructing the Beatles continues with Deconstucting Sgt. Pepper at 3pm and Looking Through a Glass Onion: Deconstructing the White Album at 8:30pm. The Uptown presents the fully restored 4K version of A Hard Day’s Night screening Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, sing along with Disney’s Academy Award winning and beloved girl-powerful musical Frozen, complete with subtitles and free inflatable Princess wands. Co-presented by Seattle Women’s Chorus.
- SiFF Film Center: Filmmakers 24 and under are invited to screen their short projects in the newly remodeled film center Screening Room.
- Seven Gables: The Oscar nominated live action short film showcase will be presented.