Winter break is over and it’s time to get back to business! Have a look at what’s happening around the Emerald city Movie houses this week!
THE FORT REPORT: January 6th – 12th 2015
- The Ark Lodge: the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Into the Woods, and the Interview play through the week.
- The Central Cinema: the Steve Martin classic the Jerk and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s the Running Man play through Thursday.
- The Grand Illusion: Winner of the Palme d’Or at the 2014 Cannes film festival, Winter Sleep plays through the week daily at 7pm.
- Sundance Cinemas: The Imitation Game, the Gambler, Unbroken, Big Eyes, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Foxcatcher, Top Five, the Theory of Everything, and Mockingjay part 1.
- SiFF Egyptian: Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley crack codes in the Imitation Game
- SiFF Uptown: Into the Woods, Citizen Four, Wild, and the Interview
- Guild 45th: Birdman and Wild screen through the week
- The Harvard Exit: the Theory of Everything and Zero Motivation screen in the beloved cinema’s final days. L
- Seven Gables: Italian political comedy and satire Viva la Liberta plays through the week.
- Crest Cinema Center: Fury, Force Majeure, Alexander and the really shitty day, Gone Girl, Saint Vincent, and the Book of Life play through the week.
- Tin Theater: Hilary Swank and Tommy Lee Jones in the Homesman
- The Central Cinema: the Trans and Queer Short Film Festival: The Lion’s Main Art Collective and the Central Cinema have partnered up to create a night of Trans and Queer short films from local Washington artists. This program begins at 8pm.
- Northwest Film Forum: One of Dan’s favorites from SIFF 40, My Last Year With the Nuns
- The Central Cinema: the classic film noir Double Indemnity starring Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck screens along with one of the greatest 90’s action films Leon, the Professional. Both films play into next week.
- Sundance Cinemas: Artist Signe Bauman’s film about her family’s multi-generational struggle with depression, Rocks in My Pockets,
- SiFF Egyptian: SIFF’s Midnight Adrenaline series presents Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure playing Friday and Saturday nights at 11:55pm.
- Northwest Film Forum: the Film Forum presents Look. Listen: a preview of the 2015 Seattle Children’s Film Festival. The program begins at 5pm and following the presentation, local animator Bill Jarcho will host an interactive animation discussion.
- The Grand Illusion: the Sprocket Society presents: The Saturday Secret Matinee. Saturday Morning TV Classics! Cartoons, live action adventure, and early anime revive a lost tradition. This program begins at 1pm.
- The Grand Illusion: Czech Your Head: Puppetry and Stop Motion. An afternoon of puppetry and stop motion from the Czech Republic! Join us for a compilation of practical animation shorts from post-World War 2 through modern times.
- Northwest Film Forum: the powerful documentary the Homestretch follows three homeless teens struggling to graduate and make a future for themselves all while facing the trauma of being alone and abandoned at such a young age. This presentation begins at 7pm.